Saturday, February 6, 2010

Three Floyds: Pride and Joy



So last night I was lucky enough to have been given a six pack of Three Floyds Pride and Joy. Three Floyds is an amazing brewery from Munster, Indiana. They used to sell Three Floyds in Philly but they do not distribute here anymore. The Philly beer scene is one of the best that I know, but 100% of my beer nerd friends are sad that Three Floyds is not available in Philly currently. People even drive from all over the states to attend Dark Lord Day, an event in which they sell bottles of their imperial stout, Dark Lord. They are my favorite brewery that I cannot purchase in Southeastern, PA. My favorite beer that they brew is Gumballhead. Not many things make me happier than finding Three Floyds's green and pink bottle caps in my pockets.

Pride and Joy pours a really nice copper color with a generous off white head and lacing that stays around as the contents of my glass empty. The beer is very carbonated with fruit, yeast and a pleasant hop notes. The beer goes down very smooth. I am very much into session beers, and this is one of the best I have ever had.

Overall another home run from Three Floyds. What an interesting concept, take a traditional British mild and add some hops. I was surprised when I learned this beer to be 6.5% abv. Pride and Joy goes down very like a 4% beer.


Like Three Floyds as much as I do? Contact them via their webpage: http://www.3floyds.com/contact-us/

Like I have done, write them and tell them how much you love them and wish you were able to purchase their beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment