Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spectacular draft list at Victory Brewpub



Victory usually has a pretty amazing draft list. But when I checked out their web page, I was blown away. In addition to the usual suspects, three new beers that I know of: Bottom's up Brown, abbey 5, and Strangeways Golden Ale. I am especially excited to try the brown ale. Sales of brown ales have been down in the last few years, and its nice to see a new one. On the handpump they have, Uncle Teddys's, Hopdevil, and Yakima Twilight. Uncle Teddy's and hopdevil really shine on the handpump. Yakima Twilight is an IPA/double IPA the likes of which I have never seen. Yakima Twilight weighs in at a well hidden 8.7 abv and is brewed using whole flower Yakima Valley hops and german malts. It pours a dark brown with tons of head and is pleasantly hoppy, pushing 90 ibu's. I have never had Yakima on the pump, but I cannot wait to try it. You will catch me at the victory brewpub very soon.

As of Monday here is what they have on the lines, from their site :

HOPDEVIL IPA
PRIMA PILS
VICTORY LAGER
GOLDEN MONKEY
STORM KING STOUT
HOP WALLOP
FESTBIER
MAD KING'S WEISS
DONNYBROOK STOUT
WILDDEVIL
OLD HORIZONTAL
ABBEY 5
ST. VICTORIOUS
BRAUMEISTER PILS
SCARLET FIRE
BOTTOM'S UP BROWN ALE
STRANGEWAYS GOLDEN ALE

and on the handpump:
HAND PUMP
HOPDEVIL IPA
UNCLE TEDDY'S BITTER
ESB
YAKIMA TWILIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment